Monday, March 23, 2015

Choosing the Right Colors!

Hi Crafty Friends,
It's Larelyn, DMW DT Coordinator. 
 I thought I'd just drop in today and share an image that I have colored.  Sometimes the most difficult thing about creating is choosing just the right colors.  I use Copic Markers for all of my coloring projects.  I love the way they blend so beautifully and the fact that you can keep adding color until it looks just right to you.   I teach a coloring class at my local scrapbook store.  The one thing I tell my ladies is to color, not exactly like me, but to get a result that is pleasing to their eye and to choose colors that they love.  Some of us use lots of color and contrast, others not as much.  It's really a personal choice.  Anyway, enough of my ramblings, let's look at this adorable turtle (which has been shared by several of our DT members in earlier posts).  I just love this little guy, but I pondered about color choices.  I wanted him/her to be somewhat realistic but still cute so here's what I chose:


Turtle:  G20, G24, G28 (body, head, legs), RV000, RV02 (cheeks and tongue),
YR 21, YR24, YR27 (shell)
Cattails:  G02, G05, G07, YR 24, E15, E17
Water:  B01, B02, B04

I used the smooth blending technique (or "on-paper" blending) for the entire project.

The image can be found HERE

Thanks for stopping in today.  Happy Coloring!




1 comment:

Melissa said...

Adorable! Love the greens you picked out for this sweet turtle.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...